What is an Expenditure Report?
The Expenditure Report is a graphical representation of the percentages of the different kinds of expenditures made by candidate/committees. This report has been categorized on the basis of the types of expenditure.
A contribution may be refunded under the following circumstances:
- The original check is returned uncashed;
- A contribution was made that exceeded the allowable contribution limitation;
- A refund is requested by the contributor; or
- Surplus funds are returned to the contributors at the conclusion of a campaign.
General Operating Expenditures
General Operating Expenditures include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting Services
- Bank Fees
- Campaign Materials and supplies
- Fund Raising
- Tickets to Campaign Events
- Computer Expenses
- Consulting Services
- In-kind expenses
- Independent Expenditures
A Transfer is an exchange of funds between an affiliated committee and an authorized committee.
A Loan Repayment is a return of monies, by a candidate or a committee, on funds borrowed for campaign purposes by the candidate or the committee.
Other payment and expense types
Other payment and expense types may include the following:
- Donations to Schools and Charitable Organizations
- Scholarship Funds
- Any other expense which does not fit in any of the above categories